Top Tips for Brokers
At TSB, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer journeys and making sure we deliver a 5-star service to our intermediaries.
During the pandemic it became apparent that brokers needed more from their lenders. So, we worked hard to up-skill and multi-skill our operations and underwriting teams, to make sure we could address the need for brokers to feel confident when placing business.
During that time, we’ve been able to offer one touch processing and have built stronger relationships with our brokers. This means we were awarded the 2021 5-star service award, as voted for by brokers, at the Financial Adviser Service awards. But we don’t want to stop there.
On 25 April we introduced regional processing teams across the UK along with dedicated New Build and Self-Employed teams. This ensures brokers can build relationships with processing teams and underwriters in their own region. Processing is now slicker, our operations teams can assess customer documents whilst on the phone to brokers, helping speed up applications.
In order to test and learn the new regional functions, we ran a pilot with our Central and South West team for brokers to take part. The feedback we received was exceptional:
Each region in the UK has a new dedicated team contact number and email address, and this has been communicated to brokers. Contact us | TSB Intermediaries
There are a few ways brokers can help us to process applications as smoothly as possible:
- Use the broker connectivity functions in place for the top 3 sourcing systems in the market: Xplan Mortgage/Trigold, Twenty7Tec and Mortgage Brain. This allows customer information to be pre-populated from either the broker’s fact find, or sourcing system, straight into our mortgage platform: TSB Mortgage Pro. This reduces the need for re-keying, therefore creating fewer errors and saving time.
- Make sure middle names for all applicants are keyed. This allows the customer to be credit scored correctly.
- Obtain customers’ credit files to be certain all commitments have been keyed. At TSB, we use Experian and TransUnion to assess customers’ credit. If a customer’s loan amount differs from our calculator, most of the time, there is credit in the background that is not being declared.
- Ensure the last three full years address history is correct and keyed. We allow brokers to key foreign addresses.
- Obtain customer references such as gifted deposit forms, accountant’s references, and employer’s references prior to submission. This means the documents can be uploaded straight away and the detail matched to the information keyed in the application. These forms can all be found on our intermediary website.
- When making amendments to an application, the application must be resubmitted back to TSB for assessment.
- For more information about keying applications visit our broker support area Speed up your Applications.
If you have any feedback about our new regional case management teams, we would be happy to hear from you. Please reach out to our Business Development Managers or contact me if you have any questions or comments.
We would like to thank you for your continued support.
National Account Manager