New build properties
The maximum we will currently consider lending on new build properties is:
- Houses and Bungalows - 85%
- Flats and Maisonettes - 80%
An initial occupancy/new build property is classed as any property being occupied and/or sold for the first time on the open market in its current state and includes converted and refurbished properties. These will fall into one of the following categories:
- Newly built property.
- Refurbished property i.e. refurbishment of an existing residential property. Typically, a refurbished property will be considered as initial occupancy where the vendor is a builder/developer, and the property has been vacated to allow for the refurbishment to be undertaken.
- Newly converted property i.e. conversion of an existing non residential property, e.g. an existing mill converted into flats.
- A property, either new or converted (as above), that has been tenanted and is now offered for sale by the builder/developer.
- Properties built within the last 10 years must be subject to one of the following building control and monitoring requirements:
- Building Standards Indemnity Scheme from a warranty provider accepted by TSB.
- Professional consultant where small, solely residential development of no more than 15 units - consultant must meet qualifying criteria.
Retrospective new build warranties are not acceptable.
Leasehold new build properties must have 123 years unexpired lease at the time of mortgage commencement.
New build mortgage offer
- New build mortgage offers are valid for 180 days and are eligible for an extension of up to 28 days if the property doesn’t complete in time.
- Applications are eligible for a further 180-day extension subject to successful re-valuation, credit search and affordability checks.
- To request an extension, please contact 0345 307 3355 – Option 2. The latest we can process the mortgage offer extension is
- 14 days after the initial mortgage offer expiry if this is your customer’s first extension, or
- 14 days after the expiry of the 28-day extension
New build cash incentives
- Builder cash incentives include but are not limited to deposit contributions, cashbacks, contribution to legal fees/stamp duty, mortgage subsidies.
- Cash Incentives up to 5% of the property value are acceptable. Cash incentives or any other incentives > 5% are not acceptable.
- Cash incentives for shared equity applications are acceptable provided the total value of the loan plus incentive together does not exceed 95% of the value of the equity share being purchased.
All lending decisions are based on valuation or purchase price (whichever is lower).
Acceptable warranty providers
Our acceptable warranty providers are:
- Premier Guarantee;
- LABC Warranty;
- Building Life Plans (BLP);
- Global Home Warranties (GHW);
- International Construction Warranties (ICW);
- The Q policy (Q Assure);
- Advantage HCI;
- Build Assure;
- One Guarantee;