- We assess certain variables to determine which cases we refer for manual assessment by our large loans underwriting team. These include the individual or aggregate mortgage exposure with TSB, application type and information returned from the credit search.
Large loan referrals
Applications meeting the following criteria will be referred to our Underwriting team for a full manual review.
- Individual or aggregate loan exposure to TSB > £900,000.
- Individual or aggregate loan exposure to TSB > £750,000, where the customer is borrowing more than 80% of the maximum loan available.
- Individual or aggregate loan exposure to TSB > £500,000, where the customer is borrowing more than 80% of the maximum loan available – subject to credit score and excluding like for like remortgage applications.
- All remortgages with additional borrowing applications (including unencumbered and transfer of equity applications) where amount of equity being released is > £300,000 and exceeds 50% of the equity available.
Applications outside these criteria will follow our standard process.
Applications meeting the above criteria will receive a full review on all aspects of the mortgage application. This will include, but is not restricted to, an assessment of the customer’s:
- Credit worthiness – an assessment of applicant’s personal details and all commitments.
- Affordability – a detailed review of income and expenditure together with the applicant’s underlying asset base. A standard Expenditure and Assets form must be completed as part of the application together with submission of bank statements on the applicant’s main current account. This review may also require the underwriter to request additional information to support our documented income verification requirements.
- Property – we may review the property type and composition as part of our full underwrite. This includes a discussion directly with the valuer if there is information required to fully underwrite the application.
Submitting an application
If your customer meets our large loan criteria, simply follow this process:
|Application process||Evidence required to support application|
|Step 1 - Submit application|
|Step 2 - Underwriter Review||
Please provide the following documentation to support your application:
|Step 3 - Underwriter Decision||
Your underwriter may ask you to provide any of the following:
This page provides you with all you need to know when submitting an application for a large loan, but if you want to find out more, talk to your Business Development Manager, or call and speak to one of our office based Business Development Managers on 0345 307 3355 option 3.