The offer expiry date is 180 days from the first offer date.
If the customer cannot complete within the offer period we will allow an extension of up to 4 weeks, if the conveyancer can confirm completion will take place in this timeframe.
The temporary offer extension process to support customers who have experienced delays due to COVID has ended for all cases not yet offered. We will revert to our standard offer extension process. For cases already offered prior to 11 November 2021 we will continue to offer extensions of 3 months where applicants have already exchanged and 6 months where not exchanged and experiencing delays due to COVID.
New build mortgage offers only
- New build mortgage offers are valid for 180 days and are eligible for an extension of up to 28 days if the property doesn’t complete in time.
- Applications are eligible for a further 180-day extension subject to successful re-valuation, credit search and affordability checks.
- To request an extension, please contact your regional case management team (option 2). The latest we can process the mortgage offer extension is
- 14 days after the initial mortgage offer expiry if this is your customer’s first extension, or
- 14 days after the expiry of the 28-day extension
If the extension deadline is not met, a new application must be processed and submitted as new business.