Non UK and Irish Nationals
Applicants who are not from the UK or Ireland will need to provide evidence of their permanent rights to reside in the UK (or pre-settled status for EEA and Swiss Nationals) by one of the following:
- A Biometric Residence Permit showing ‘indefinite’ rights to remain (also known as permanent residence).
- Indefinite/Right of Abode UK Residency stamp in the passport.
- Their share code. For more information on 'share codes', please see gov.uk/view-prove-immigration-status
- A letter from the Home Office confirming the applicant’s ‘indefinite’ right to remain in the UK.
Underwriters may consider cases where applicants do not have indefinite rights to remain on a case by case basis, with the exception of EEA and Swiss nationals with pre-settled status which can proceed without underwriter referral. Please call your BDM to discuss individual cases prior to submission.
Source of funds
- Brokers are required to advise the customer that any funds paid into the mortgage account from sanctioned countries are not accepted.
Applications are not acceptable from:
- Persons with a working holiday visa
- Applicants with Diplomatic immunity.
Refugees/asylum seekers must have indefinite leave to remain (also known as permanent residence). Documentation required to verify this consists of a Biometric Residence Permit or a letter from the Immigration and Nationality Directorate (IND) advising the customer that this permission has been granted.