Non UK and Irish Nationals
Applicants who are not from the UK or Ireland will need to provide evidence of their permanent rights to reside in the UK by one of the following:
- A Biometric Residence Permit showing ‘indefinite’ rights to remain (also known as permanent residence).
- Indefinite/Right of Abode UK Residency stamp in the passport.
- Their share code. For more information on 'share codes', please see gov.uk/view-prove-immigration-status
- A letter from the Home Office confirming the applicant’s ‘indefinite’ right to remain in the UK.
Underwriters may consider cases where applicants do not have indefinite rights to remain on a case by case basis. Please call your BDM to discuss individual cases prior to submission.
Source of funds
- Brokers are required to advise the customer that any funds paid into the mortgage account from sanctioned countries are not accepted.
Applications are not acceptable from:
- Persons with a working holiday visa
- Applicants with Diplomatic immunity.
Refugees/asylum seekers must have indefinite leave to remain (also known as permanent residence). Documentation required to verify this consists of a Biometric Residence Permit or a letter from the Immigration and Nationality Directorate (IND) advising the customer that this permission has been granted.