Subcontractors, fixed/short term contracts and agency workers
- Applications will be considered from the above employment types, providing that:
- The applicant has a current continuous contracting employment of 12 months or more, with 6 months of the contract remaining; or
- The applicant has 2 years’ continuous service in the same type of contracting employment.
- Evidence of their employment track record may be required
- Applicants should be treated as self employed if they pay their own tax or subcontract to more than one company.
IT and Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) Contractors
- IT and CIS contractors must be treated as self employed.
- If the applicant has started employment within 3 months and is on a probationary contract, select yes to the radio button that populates asking if the customer is in a probation period.
Applicants who have an initial probationary period at the start of their permanent contract are not included in the above and can be treated as permanent.
Zero hours contracts
Subject to underwriter referral. Each case must be considered on an individual basis and the customer must have a minimum of 12 months continuous employment with the same employer on a zero hour contract basis. Income should be verified by way of the latest P60 and the last 3 months payslips (or 6 weeks if paid weekly or fortnightly) to show a consistent and sustainable level of income.