- Not available to companies or trusts.
- Not available for Houses of Multiple Occupancy (HMOs).
- Not available for holiday lets.
- Property may not be let to students; tenants claiming housing benefit or rent rebate; asylum seekers or persons with diplomatic immunity.
- Applications will not be accepted where the purchaser intends letting the property to a housing association or local authority.
- Not available for customers looking to let temporarily during the mortgage term and then themselves or a family member reoccupy
- Applications will not be accepted where the purchaser intends letting the property to the seller on a 'sale and leaseback' arrangement.
Not available for properties which require renovation prior to letting. This does not include minor redecoration, but the property needs to be in sufficiently good condition that the valuer believes it is immediately habitable and can provide an immediate rental figure per month. For example, where a property requires complete replacement of the bathroom and/or kitchen, this would render it ineligible for a Buy-to-Let application.