- The property must have been registered in the applicant's name (or at least one of the applicants' names) for a minimum of 6 months unless the property has been inherited and the applicant is a beneficiary.
- Applications where the applicant is not a beneficiary of the inherited property, and the beneficiary has owned the property for less than 6 months, are not acceptable.
- The maximum LTV we will consider lending on Buy-to-Let remortgages is 75%.
Where the applicant is looking to raise additional capital, we are unable to lend for the following purposes:
- Injection into a business.
Where the property is mortgage free (unencumbered), these applications are also treated as remortgages.
Where an applicant wants to consolidate their secured and unsecured debts, the following policy will apply:
- The debt consolidation must be on a repayment basis only.
- Any debt consolidation should be set up on a single sub account and must be separate to other borrowing.
- Debt consolidation can be taken into retirement.
TSB will not lend to customers who fall into one of the following categories:
- Are in financial difficulty (i.e. cannot afford their current borrowing)
- Have less than 12 months repayments left to pay on their
current debts or intends to pay the debt in the next 12 months, at the time of
the mortgage application. This is not applicable for Credit Cards, Overdrafts
or other revolving debts.
- Consolidation of student loans, child maintenance payments, long service advance of pay (property deposits) or pay day loans.