- The property must have been registered in the applicant's name (or at least one of the applicants' names) for a minimum of 6 months unless the property has been inherited and the applicant is a beneficiary.
- Applications where the applicant is not a beneficiary of the inherited property, and the beneficiary has owned the property for less than 6 months, are not acceptable.
- The maximum LTV we will consider lending on remortgages with no additional borrowing is 90%.
A person cannot be removed from the mortgage if they are going to continue to reside in the property.
In some instances, in order to benefit from the lower stress rate of 4.60% on like for like remortgages, we will ask for evidence of the customers current mortgage balance. This will only be required when requested by TSB on a case by case basis.
Where the applicant is looking to raise additional capital, the loan will be restricted to a maximum of 85% (subject to credit score). Where additional borrowing is being used, the amount being raised for debt consolidation must not be more than 20% of the property value.
We do not lend for the following purposes (at any LTV):
- Injection into a business.
Where the property is mortgage free (unencumbered), these applications are also treated as remortgages.
In some cases TSB may ask for additional evidence of what the additional borrowing will be used for (quotes/written estimates for home improvements for example).
Where an applicant wants to consolidate
their secured and unsecured debts, the following policy will apply:
- The amount being raised for
debt consolidation must not be more than 20% of the property value.
- The debt
consolidation must be on a repayment basis only.
- Any debt
consolidation should be set up on a single sub account and must be
separate to other borrowing.
consolidation borrowing can be taken into retirement provided retirement
income is fully evidenced.
TSB will not lend to customers who fall
into one of the following categories:
- Are in
financial difficulty (i.e. cannot afford their current borrowing)
- Have less than
12 months repayments left to pay on their current debts or intends to pay
the debt in the next 12 months, at the time of the mortgage application.
This is not applicable for Credit Cards, Overdrafts or other revolving
of student loans, child maintenance payments, long service advance of pay
(property deposits) or pay day loans.