Terms and conditions
Which Terms Apply?
- 1.1It is important that you read and understand these Conditions before you start to use this website. By confirming your acceptance you are accepting these Conditions in their entirety. We recommend that you print a copy of these Conditions for your reference.
- 1.2We may amend these Conditions at any time upon notice. Your use of this website after any amendment will be subject to these Conditions as amended.
- 1.3The products and services advertised on this website are subject to availability, and may be withdrawn or amended without notice.
- 1.4Information on this website about products is provided for the benefit of residents of England, Wales and Scotland only. We reserve the right to decline any application for any product from anyone resident in any other jurisdiction (including, for the avoidance of doubt, elsewhere in the United Kingdom).
- 2.1These Conditions set out the terms upon which you may use this website, and upon which we will deal with you if and when you introduce an Applicant to us through this website. They do not apply to applications you introduce to any other part of TSB (where other terms may apply).
- 2.2We reserve the right not to accept any Application submitted by you for any reason and, to the extent permitted by law and regulation, without giving any explanation.
- 2.3You are responsible for advising Applicants that data about them and their Application will be transmitted electronically, and that you may track the progress of their Application electronically.
In these Conditions, the following definitions apply:
- 3.1“Administrator” means a nominated person representing an Organisation who may review and monitor the progress of Applications on a read-only basis on behalf of any Consultant(s) employed or otherwise engaged by that Organisation. For the avoidance of doubt a Consultant, Supervisor or Supervisor-Consultant may also act as Administrator;
- 3.2“Applicant” means a person or persons applying for a mortgage product offered by us;
- 3.3“Application” means any application for a mortgage from us that you send to us on behalf of an Applicant;
- 3.4“Appointed Representative” means a person who acts as a Principal Firm’s representative in accordance with Section 39 of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000;
- 3.5“Consultant” means a nominated person representing an Organisation who will submit Applications on behalf of that Organisation;
- 3.6“Organisation” means the sole principal, partnership, company or limited partnership by which the relevant User is employed or otherwise engaged (other than as an Appointed Representative);
- 3.7“Principal Firm” means an intermediary firm which engages with, controls, co-ordinates and operates with product providers through, a network of Appointed Representatives;
- 3.8“Supervisor” means a nominated person representing an Organisation that will authorise access for that Organisation’s Consultants and Administrators and none other. They will NOT be authorised to submit Applications on behalf of that Organisation;
- 3.9“Supervisor – Consultant” means a nominated person representing an Organisation that will authorise access for that Organisation’s Consultants and Administrators and none other. They will also be authorised to submit Applications on behalf of the Organisation;
- 3.10“User” means any user of this website;
- 3.11“we”, “us”, and “our” means TSB Bank plc, Registered in Scotland No. SC095237. Registered Office: Henry Duncan House, 120 George Street, Edinburgh EH2 4LH; and
- 3.12“you” and “your” means (as appropriate) the Organisation who introduces an Applicant to us or any individual applying to register to use this website on behalf of that Organisation.
4. User Role
As part of the registration process you will be required to select one of the following roles, defined in paragraph 3 above:
- Supervisor – Consultant
The responsibilities for each of these roles are set out below:
By registering as “Supervisor” for your Organisation you are accepting responsibility for administering the following E-Commerce User rights for your Organisation:
- 4.1.1authorising other Users for your Organisation to use this website at the correct role level;
- 4.1.2ensuring that all Users for your Organisation register for your Organisation and none other;
- 4.1.3ensuring that your email address and those of Users registered for your Organisation given to us are correct;
- 4.1.4ensuring that only Users, whom we have not given you notice of as being persons we regard as unsuitable and who your Organisation deems suitable to submit Applications, are registered as “Consultants”. As a Supervisor you will not be authorised to submit Applications personally;
- 4.1.5authorising your Organisation’s Users to change roles where you deem appropriate;
- 4.1.6immediately deleting Users who leave your Organisation or who will become temporarily inactive for a period of longer than 60 days for any reason;
- 4.1.7ensuring that there are a sufficient number of Supervisors for your Organisation to maintain all Users registered, with at least one Supervisor or Supervisor – Consultant registered for your Organisation at all times;
- 4.1.8ensuring that your personal details given to us are up to date and correct; and
- 4.1.9ensuring that any and all Organisation personnel registered as a User are aware of and adhere to their responsibilities as outlined in the relevant part of this paragraph 4.
By registering as “Consultant” for your Organisation you are accepting responsibility for:
- 4.2.1ensuring that you register for your Organisation and none other;
- 4.2.2submitting Applications on behalf of your Organisation and monitoring the progress of each Application;
- 4.2.3ensuring that your email address given to us is correct;
- 4.2.4ensuring that your personal details given to us are up to date and correct; and
- 4.2.5authorising suitable personnel to become your Organisation’s Administrator for you and, on your behalf, to monitor progress of Applications submitted by you.
4.3 Supervisor – Consultant
By registering as “Supervisor – Consultant” for your Organisation you must comply with:
- 4.3.1all the responsibilities of the Supervisor listed in paragraph 4.1; and
- 4.3.2all the responsibilities of the Consultant listed in paragraph 4.2.
By registering as “Administrator” for your Organisation you are not authorised to submit Applications to us, but you are accepting responsibility for:
- 4.4.1ensuring that you register for your Organisation and none other;
- 4.4.2ensuring that your email address given to us is correct; and
- 4.4.3ensuring that your personal details given to us are up to date and correct.
- 5.1We can terminate any User’s registration at any time.
- 5.2We can restrict or refuse your access to all or any part of this website at any time, and without notice or explanation.
- 5.3Any termination under this paragraph 5 will not affect any accrued rights or liabilities of either party under these Conditions nor will it affect the coming into force of any provision hereof which is expressly or by implication intended to come into force on or after such termination.
6. Data Use
- 6.1We will process information submitted to or derived from this website about you, and partners (if you are in partnership), your Organisation’s personnel authorised to submit Applications to us on behalf of Applicants, our statement of account for fees due to you (if applicable), Applicants, and their conduct of their accounts for our legitimate business purposes only and in accordance with the provisions of the relevant Intermediary Agreement.
- 6.2We will keep a record of the email address you provide to us during your registration. We will use it to contact you about our products and services, unless you ask us not to do so. We will not give your email address to any unauthorised third parties.
7. Security and Privacy
- 7.1Certain areas of this website are secure. You may only access these secure areas once you have obtained from us (via this website) a User ID (Identification) and Password. We will only issue you with a User ID and Password if you satisfy certain conditions, as set out from time to time on this website.
- 7.2We can refuse to issue to you a User ID or Password at any time, and without offering any explanation. If you have been issued with a User ID and Password, we can revoke your use of such User ID or Password at any time, and without offering any explanation.
- 7.3Once you have been issued with a Password, you must not disclose it to anyone. Responsibility for the security of your Password rests with you. If your Password is revealed to a third party (even another individual within your Organisation), whether deliberately or in error or otherwise, we will not be liable to you or to any Applicant for any loss incurred and you agree to indemnify us in respect of losses or expenses incurred by us as a result of the unauthorised use of your Password by any third party. If you forget your Password, or if you believe that someone else knows your Password, you must let us know immediately.
- 7.4You can tell which areas of this website are secure by the appearance of a security symbol in the browser status bar (please note, the security symbol varies on different browsers and platforms. On most recent browsers, this is indicated by a securely closed padlock. It is your responsibility to understand which symbol represents security on your browser - please contact the software vendor for further details). Any information sent to us using a secure area will be encrypted to a high standard and sent on to us in a secure format.
- 7.5There may be other email features within this website which we cannot guarantee as secure. You can tell which email features are not guaranteed as secure by the absence of the security symbol (see paragraph 7.4). We recommend that you do not send to us sensitive personal and financial information relating to you or any Applicant except via clearly marked secure email and form features.
- 7.6Calls to any of the telephone numbers on this website may be monitored and recorded, to help us to maintain the quality of service we provide to you.
Further Information on Security and Privacy is available on this website.
8. Website Access
- 8.1We will endeavour to make:
We cannot however guarantee this availability, and will not be responsible for any losses suffered if you cannot access the relevant part of this website at the relevant time (for example if it results in you not being able to submit an Application for a particular product). We are also not responsible if the means of communication you use to access this website or to send us information, or to receive information from us, does not work properly.
- the unsecure areas of this website constantly available for your use; and
- the secure areas of this website available for your use between 6.00 a.m. and 9.00 p.m. each day.
- 8.2Access to this website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control.
9. Liability arising from Website Use
- 9.1All content on this website is provided for your information and for illustrative purposes only. We aim to ensure that the content is current and accurate, but do not accept any liability to you or any Applicant where it is not, whether in contract, tort, negligence, or otherwise, and whether direct or indirect. If you want to rely on any information provided in this website, you should check its currency and accuracy directly with us, before placing any reliance on it.
- 9.2We have provided within the secure area of this website various tools for your use. These include a product search and quotation facility, a Flexible Mortgage Illustrator, an Online Mortgage Application Transfer tool and secure email. Other tools are available within the unsecured areas of this website. While we have made every effort to ensure the accuracy and functional efficiency of these tools, we cannot guarantee this. We accept no liability to you or any Applicant as a result of any errors, technical defects, miscalculations, or lack of functionality within the tools.
- 9.3Where we provide on this website a direct link to any other site not under our control, we accept no liability for the content of, or your use of, that other site. If you use any such link, you leave this website. We neither guarantee the accuracy of the content of any linked site, nor do we necessarily endorse or approve of that content. We cannot guarantee that you will be able to access the site via the link on this website at any time.
- 9.4We aim to ensure that this website is free of all viruses and technical defects of any description. Due to the nature of the internet however, and the possibility of third party interference, this cannot be guaranteed, and we will not be liable for any damage or loss caused as a result of your use of this website.
- 9.5The content of this website does not constitute an offer to contract. The information does not constitute advice or a recommendation to you or to any Applicant. You are responsible for providing proper advice to Applicants on the suitability of our products. We do not guarantee that the products and services advertised on this website will be suitable for any Applicant.
10. Website Intellectual Property
- 10.1Unless otherwise stated, the copyright, trade marks and other intellectual property rights in all materials on this website (including without limitation text, tools, photographs and graphical images) are owned by us or our licensors.
- 10.2You are allowed (as appropriate) to use, download and print the information and tools available on this website for the purpose only of introducing Applicants and submitting Applications to us. You may not otherwise extract or distribute the material contained within this website, or use the material and tools for any commercial benefit to yourself or others. If you wish to use this website content for any other purpose, or in any other way (such as, without limitation, to provide a link to this website from another site), you must contact us to obtain our prior written consent. We may not give consent. If any consent is given we will explain as part of the consent how you will be permitted to use this website and its contents.
- 10.3Any rights not expressly granted in these Conditions are reserved.
- 11.1These Conditions and your use of this website are governed by, and will be construed in accordance with, English law. The courts of England will have exclusive jurisdiction to determine any disputes arising.
- 11.2This website is not intended for your use if you, or the Applicant, are resident outside England, Wales and Scotland; we therefore do not guarantee that this website complies with the laws and regulations of any other jurisdiction.
- 11.3No forbearance or delay by either party in enforcing these Conditions will prejudice or restrict the rights of that party, nor will any waiver of its rights operate as a waiver of any subsequent breach. No right, power or remedy conferred on or reserved for either party is exclusive of any other right, power or remedy available to that party and each such right, power or remedy will be cumulative.
- 11.4The illegality, invalidity or unenforceability of any of these Conditions will not affect the legality, validity or enforceability of any of the other Conditions.
- 11.5You may not assign, subcontract or otherwise transfer any rights and obligations under these Conditions whether in whole or in part without our prior written consent.
- 11.6Headings in these Conditions are for convenience only and will not affect their interpretation.