TSB Bank Privacy Notice
How your personal information is used by TSB Bank plc
Your information will be held by TSB Bank plc (“TSB” “we”, “us” and “our”) We will be a data controller of the personal data that you give to us.
Please read this Privacy Notice and the general TSB Privacy Notice to understand how we use and protect the personal information that you provide to us. By providing any information to us you consent to the use and transfer of your personal information on the terms set out in this Privacy Notice and the TSB Privacy Notice. Your ‘personal information’ is information about you which we obtain in connection with you.
Our relationship with you will continue to be subject to the terms and conditions that can be found on our website.
Where we obtain your information
We obtain information about you when you register, make any changes to your account and when you use our Mortgage Intermediaries website.
We may also obtain personal information about you from your partners (if you are in a partnership), from your organisation’s personnel authorised to submit applications to us on your behalf and from what we derive from this website.
How we use your information
We may use the personal information we hold about you for the following administrative purposes:
- providing you with the Mortgage Intermediary service and notifying you about either important changes or developments to the features and operation of the service and the website (including any service messages).
and also for the following data processing purposes:
- administering the service of the account
Processing this information enables us to better understand your needs in the efficient way that you expect. By using the TSB Mortgage Intermediaries website you agree that we may use your personal data to provide the service.
TSB may store and use your personal information for:
- additional authentication at any time, and at its discretion, throughout your interaction with your TSB;
- fraud and other crime detection, prevention and prosecution;
- administering offers, competitions and promotions.
We will keep a record of your e-mail address that you provide to us during your registration. We will use it to contact you about our products and services, unless you ask us not to do so. We will not give your e-mail address to any unauthorised third parties
When we may share your information
We will treat your personal information as private and confidential, but may disclose it outside TSB if:
- needed by TSB, its agents, employees, advisors or others involved in running your TSB Mortgage Intermediary registration;
- required by third parties to whom such disclosure is determined by us to be necessary (for example credit reference agencies, fraud monitoring entities, central banks and relevant regulatory bodies); and
- any person with whom we are required or permitted to share information in order to comply with local regulation.
We will always ensure your information remains safe and secure.
Using companies to process your information outside the EEA
All countries in the European Economic Area (EEA), which includes the UK, have similar standards of legal protection for your personal information. We may run your accounts and provide other services that involve the processing of your personal information from centres outside the EEA (such as the USA and India) that do not have a similar standard of data protection laws to the UK. If so, we will require your personal information to be protected to at least UK standards.
Protecting your information
The security of your information is important to us. We store the information you provide to us on our secure servers. You are responsible for keeping your TSB username and password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. More information about security can be found on the website.
Cookies are used within the TSB website.
To access our cookie notice, please go to http://intermediary.tsb.co.uk/cookies-policy
Changes to Privacy Notice
We keep our Privacy Notice under regular review and we will reflect any updates within this notice.
This Privacy Notice was issued on 8th December 2014