Applications meeting the following criteria will be referred to our Underwriting team for a full manual review.
- Individual or aggregate loan exposure to TSB > £900,000
- Individual or aggregate loan exposure to TSB > £750,000, where the customer is borrowing more than 80% of the maximum loan available.
- Individual or aggregate loan exposure to TSB > £500,000, where the customer is borrowing more than 80% of the maximum loan available – subject to credit score and excluding like for like remortgage applications.
- All remortgage with additional borrowing applications (including unencumbered and transfer of equity applications) where amount of equity being released is > £300,000 and exceeds 50% of the equity available.
Applications outside these criteria will follow our standard process.
Applications meeting the above criteria will receive a full review on all aspects of the mortgage applications. This will include, but is not restricted to, an assessment of the customer’s:
- Credit worthiness – an assessment of customer personal details and all commitments.
- Affordability – a detailed review of income and expenditure together with the customer’s underlying asset base. A standard Expenditure and Assets form will need to be completed as part of the application together with submission of bank statements on the customer’s main current account. This review may also require
the underwriter to request additional information to support our documented income verification requirements.
- Property – we may review the property type and composition as part of our full underwrite. This will include a discussion directly with the valuer if there is information required to fully underwrite the application.
Submitting an application
If your customer meets our large loan criteria, simply follow this process: